Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My quilt



Irealized it has been a L-O-N-G time since I have blogged. I could not remember how to make a new post. I finally figured it out. I just thought that I would show all my many followers (3 and counting) the quilt that I made for my first grandchild.

My granddaughter Eliza is going to be born in January and I made her this quilt. I found the kit in with my mothers things after she passed away. She cross stitched the 'with love me blest' square and the flower beside it. I was able to finish the rest when I was staying with my Daddy after he had a pace-maker put in. I could never of cross stitched it at my house because I have 3 dogs and 2 cats who fight over my lap if I dare to sit down. The center square was left blank for personalization. I chose to embroider the first names of all the grandmothers going back 3 generations, as well as Eliza and her mother. I then quilted it on my machine. Hand quilting would of been nice, but I realized that it would never happen. The quilt was a lot of fun to make and I am pleased to finish one of my Mommy's projects.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! It's so pretty! :) And I'm glad you said which two Grandma made - I thought it was the "With Love Be Blessed" and the "Give Thanks for All Things" ones, but now I know! :) Eliza's going to love it!!!

    ReplyDelete